24 November 2008

A1 GP

The A1 GP..many would have thought that this competition offer less excitement and joy compared to the other motorsports events..I do also have the same perspective myself..Many of the people whom I knew that loved motorsports didn't show much interest in A1 either..I didn't like it,b'coz from what I noe,the A1 car is a lot slower compared to those car in the F1,they even appeared to move slow on the televesion(which is not fun to watch) unlike the F1 which much faster,aggressive,and dangerous..F1 is more exilirating for me.the pace of the F1 car is phenomenal.I didn't even recognize who are the driver for the A1 team..never heard of them before..mayb just a few of them that I'm aware of..I didn't now which team to root for,coz I didn't now much bout the team,backgrounds,performance and a lot more..And,another reason is, there is many new rules n i could say 'weird' rules for me,as I'm more familiar with the F1,touring car series and also Drift..In A1 the are such rules that each driver could only use a power boost that give them an extra power to overtake,but the number of the power boost is limited,so each driver must be wise to determine when they should use the boost in order for them to win the race,the is also such a rule 'pit lane open n pit lane closed'..there are many more..but,it'll just make u bored I guess.

Ok,so my mom got 7 granstand ticket for the Malayasian A1 GP in Sepang,somebody gave it to the Malaysian armed force and police coutesy of something,I'm not sure.When she told me that she have the ticket,there was not much of excitement..I'm not into A1 as i said earlier.and i was reluctant to go to Sepang on Sunday,I wanted to go out with my friends..But,my mom and my lil' brother wanted to go so bad.Somehow,my mom talked me out of it,and I'm going with them.

We arrived a bit late in Sepang and the race has already started.As we were walking from the parking lot,we could hear the 'grrrr' sounds of the engine of the car..Its really excites me,eventhough I'm still haven't saw the car yet..the acceleration,shifting gear,braking..Arghh!!how i love sounds of the engine.


The granstand already packed and full with people.We struggled even to get a decent view of the track..haa.that is how pack it is..as people were standing and cheering..the loud sound of the car passing by..I couldn't just stayed there and enjoyed just a slight glimpse of view that I get.Thus,I make my way downstairs,went through layers of people..Then,I was at the site of the track,there I could see the car a lot more better.I could even see the pit lane clearly,the pit crew what they were doing and all of that.I texted my mom asking them to come down.I enjoyed the race.The car were passing in front of me at impressive pace.Yeah!!not like the F1,but still fast enough..The crowd get really alive whenever the Malaysian car was passing across the straight line..The people were shouting and cheering for the driver..Fairuz Fauzy.He is clearly a great driver.He did work on couple of nice move infront of the grandstand going down the first corner.If it wasn't about the miscommunication incident that got him to the from the 3rd to11th place,certainly he'll be one of the podium finisher.But,things happen,and people made mistakes.But,Thank God that didn't held him back and has triggered him to fight on harder in the race to a least catch a point for Malaysia in front of the home crowd.He managed to do that.Although it is gonna be real nice and sweet to see him winning the race,to keep up the advantage as team Malaysia leads the championship when they were coming to Malaysia.

I'm certainly hoping that Team Malaysia will make it good in A1 this year.Because from what I see,they have improved a lot,and has what it takes to be a serious title contender.It's about time though for Malaysia to show what we are capable in motorsports,and not just relying in sports like badminton and squash.Football is an obvious mess..I wish for them to be once like the zaman Mokhtar Dahari.He was good,damn good.Probably M'sian best all-time footballer.Okay..I'm started to get side-ways here.hee.

Ok.Overall..Motorsports are FUN and EXCITING!!!we can put aside the power of the engine,the rules..because on the track,driver give their best to win the race and proved who is the best.That is what matter the most!!.I saw that,and I've realized it.I'm into any kind of motorsports now.haha.

I'm gonna start saving money so that I could go to Sepang again to catch the F1 and Moto-GP.haha.
=)

No comments: